Monday, November 26, 2007

Different Means of Advertising

When I was in Penn Station in NYC last week I couldn't help but notice that there was an ad for a movie on the stairs going up to 34th street. As I walked closer to the stairs I noticed that the ad seemed to fade, as it was only clear from about 50 yards away. This was amazing to me, what a great way to draw attention to your ad, I mean all of the traffic of the train station had to go out to the street, and you couldn't go up the stairs without looking at them! It was almost robotic how everyone seemed to be in awe of this ad, I too was excited, because it was so unusual, yet so simple! (and probably expensive, seeing as it was a movie ad and probably was only out for a few weeks!) But in all, it was a great location, and a great idea!

No comments: