Friday, November 30, 2007

BBC

It is amazing how much news can change depending on where you read. Growing up on the outskirts of NYC I have learned not to believe 99 percent of the news I hear, and sadly all that news is directed towards negative things, like murders, kidnaps, etc. I feel like the media targets a specific audience depending on where it is located, and it varies from location to location.
However, national news seems to target everyone in the country, and even though it may have a great reputation (NY Times) It still seems to have issues able fabricating stories and lies.
I think that BBC is the only fair news network in the world. We as Americans like to see ourselves on top, and our national news' seem to portray an image of the US being the best. But the truth is we are not, and realisticly BBC is right when they run stories against us. BBC is a reailty check for us Americans.
Don't get me wrong, I love our country, but we were born being told many lies about our country, and that just seems so wrong. BBC needs to bring its real news over to the USA.

No comments: