Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Avataars

So I looed online at the Yahoo Avataars. I have to say they are kind of creepy! You can literally immitate yourself, or pretened to be someone else, with them! You can choose and outfit, hair color, length, even the size of your eyes! There is one thing you can't choose though, that may appeal to college age people- and that is hoodies that have their school logo on them. (not that you'd want to tell people, but just to show you are a fan!) I think the whole idea ia creepy, I wouldn't want people to know what I look like, nor would I want to know what any creepy people over the internet look like, truth is they are probably making it up anyway. I think this appeals to people because it makes them look better then they really do! I mean you can't have an ugly avataar, it just isnt really possible. From Emo to Goth to Preppy. Avataars are just not needed! Show the real you, use a picture instead!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see your point of view, but a lot of people rather put a character, such as the avatar, out there instead of an actual picture. Some people think it's creepy for strangers to see a real picture of themselves. Personally, either one is fine with me.

Not everyone creates a "fake" avatar. It's something fun and creative some folks use to express their individuality.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.